Update... Jan 10, 2006

Good morning everyone!

Well, the new year is starting slowly for me, but I do believe it is going to be a good year. Work is in its normal uproar, and some days I truly wonder if the pressure is all worth it. Is it really worth all the hassle to live the lifestyle that I do? It is a global question. I have thought about it, and I look around at my little life, and I really cant imagine it any other way, so I guess it is worth it. Although I do still pray for hitting the lottery, I am praying right now for that as I sit here… “please God, let there be peace on earth and millions in my bank account, Amen!” Any way, on with the update!

So, I watched “The Bachelor” last night. I have been addicted to this show since its first season. This is the only reality TV I watch, actually come to think of it, it is the only TV that I watch. What does that say about me? The answer to that, may also answer the question “why don’t I have a man?”, but then again it may not. I have grown truly frustrated with the show and didn’t even watch the last season. I wasn’t even interested. But I had heard about this season, and truly wanted to tune in. I was going to watch this, it is a little nice for me to see other women going down in flames on national television, whilst I am only going down in flames in the privacy of my own home… there is a lot of solace you derive from that. I sit on my couch, eating my desserts, thinking… “Thank God that isn’t me!!!” Anyway, I get home from dinner with my friend and race to the TV to watch. I actually planned my evening around this folks. I called my soon-to-be sister-in-law on the way home and Bella to make sure they tune in!!!

9pm rolls around, and I am on the couch in my most comfy clothes, a peanut butter cookie in one hand and the remote in the other… I am ready!!!!

Needless to say, I was NOT, I repeat, NOT disappointed!!! They always say on the commercials, “this is going to be the best bachelor ever!!” and you know what that statement, as overused as it is, finally lived up to its billing. The bachelor himself was tall, dark, handsome, and an ER doctor. He loves helping people, and he has the cutest dimples this side of the Mason Dixon! He is also from Nashville… it is a little known fact that I was born in Nashville! You have to see this guy to believe it.

We meet the women… and out of all the seasons of this show these are the worst women. There was no one really spectacular, and there was a psycho female doctor. She is an oncologist, and I guess dealing with that kind of stuff day to day, can turn you into an odd person. Poor thing told the bachelor, that she was happy with her life and ready to move on to the phase of it, the “reproductive phase”… the words came out of her mouth, and my cookie came flying out of mine. I was laughing so hard, I nearly fell off the couch. She didn’t get picked to stay, and had even told the cameras that she was a “shoe in” because she was also a doctor, and that was a good thing because her “eggs are rotting”. This girl, just needs to go to the fertility clinic and just get it over with. Buy some sperm, and get on with it.

When she didn’t get picked, that is when the gloves came off, she went up to the poor guy and asked him WHY?!?! Was she too short, boobs were too small, What!?!?!? He told her, it was b/c of the reproductive comment, and she told him, well if you aren’t ready to reproduce then you are just playing around. Yet again, I am thanking my lucky stars that this is not happening to me on national tv. Do you think she is ever going to get another date? It was awful. She even went so far as to talk to the crew about it. It was like watching a train wreck, except this train kept having wrecks, it was all over the place… hitting cars, then buses, it was a runaway!!! And it was mowing over women, children, self-esteem… you name it!!! It was awful.

Well, that is all I have from this end, hope you are all having a great day!!!

Peace, love, and the reproductive phase!!!
Martha

No comments: